Noma must disappear from our modern world!
NOMA-AID-SWITZERLAND engages in prevention, alleviation and elimination of the disease as follows:
- Prevention measures in regions affected by noma, encouragement of local personnel on-site
- Medical on-site treatment of children suffering from noma, controlled disbursement of antibiotics and general tropical medicine measures
- Surgical intervention in specialized hospitals (plastic and reconstructive facial surgery and/or specific intervention in the mouth and mandible surgery)
- Psychosocial assistance and mentoring of children and their relatives concerned
- Follow-up of children operated and financial support of family environment to improve the hygienic conditions
NOMA-AID-SWITZERLAND supports all preventive, surgical and nursing measures in the “fight against noma”. The activity of NOMA-AID-SWITZERLAND knows no geographical boundaries.
NOMA-AID-SWITZERLAND informs the public about the cause of the disease and shows ways how to improve the living conditions of the children affected.
NOMA-AID-SWITZERLAND is raising funds in favor of projects dealing with the prevention and treatment of noma. The association teams up with medical specialists, individual people and organizations with the same objectives.