NOMA-HILFE-SCHWEIZ and the other members of the NoNoma Federation are working hard on long-term synergies among the various NoNoma NGOs in countries concerned. The results are clearly visible: the cross-border cooperation among the more than 30 NoNoma NGOs is working fine, with very good results for children affected by Noma.
We are proud that our association, with such cooperation as described above, significantly contributed to synergies within the NoNoma Federation: Back in 2005, this was both for NOMA-HILFE-SCHWEIZ and for PhysioNoma (both still quite small and young organization) a large project that could only be realized through our humble assistance - in the meantime, both organizations were able to grow and expand these projects.
The evaluation of the projects that are supported by NOMA-HILFE-SCHWEIZ are done by the following criteria:
- Goals: Consistency of the project objectives with our purpose
- Compatibility: cultural and socio-compatible-approach
- Uniqueness: Ensure that the project does not overlap with those of other aid agencies
- Local roots: support from local authorities / professionals
- Investment: consideration of cost effectiveness, efficient use of resources
- Sustainability: long-term impact of the project
- Control: surveillance capabilities and reporting